Sunday, March 18, 2012

WHY am I doing this?

Well... I'm NOT asking for money donations or anything like that! .. just stories of about you or someone you know who is a single parent and going it alone. We forgot about SINGLE PARENTS! It's a tough life to be one. I am blessed to be happily married for 25 years. I have 8 sisters and 6 are or were single parents! Not by choice. But then again, who knows, they’re all a bit nuts. But I love em. Also with so many men and women at war these days, I know there are a lot of women and men raising their kids alone. It's a hard job even with a partner! So I decided to bring attention to the SINGLE PARENT! Not through some trashy reality show about teenagers having babies! But by doing something different. Crossing this great state of Colorado and over the Continental Divide on one wheel. Symbolic of always having to keep balance and by the way, there is no coasting!  
I’ve been riding a unicycle since I was around 12yrs old.  I just starting riding again this past year and I’m loving the exercise.  This ride will take me about 2 weeks. Not a long time compared to raising a child. But I hope next time you see the single parent who is part of your life, maybe offer to lend a hand, or just ask how they're doing.
Now email me and share a story about a single parent, I’ll post it. Even if it’s about YOU!  Share your struggles and joys. Then ride along with me for a day in honor of that person.  I'll let you know when I'm riding... I'm thinking the last two week in August. I have typed WAY too much already.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment